Friday, June 22, 2012

Give Chrome a Shot!


Why Chrome?

Through high school, college, and my first year of teaching I only used Firefox (and Explorer) as my internet browser.  The idea I had about browsing platforms was that their main purpose was to open internet sites and surf the web.  After being shown the capabilities of the Chrome browser it is going to be difficult to browse anything other than Chrome.

The Apps

Whenever I think of Apps I automatically think of mobile devices.  But, Chrome proves this theory wrong with the accessibility to (free) apps that you can apply to your chrome page and access from any device.  Some of the best apps also revolve around well known sites like facebook, twitter, and pinterest.

Most of the apps that I really like make my web experience an easier one to navigate and manage.

The Apps that will Ease your Experience

goo.gl URL Shortener
Shorten any lengthy URL at a touch of a button and automatically paste it.  Great for use in twitter to limit the amount of characters you use in a tweet.

Clearly
Clean up a page and eliminate all of the adds and extra eye drawing features.  Makes it simple and easy on the eyes to read Clearly.

Pocket Extension 
Any easy one click extension that adds articles, videos, and images to your"Pocket" account immediately.  (check out my last post to read about "Pocket")

QR Code Generator 
Education has been increasingly using QR codes within schools.  These app allows you to generate them easily and quickly.

Picasa
Create photo web albums from your Picasa app and access your photos from anywhere.

The list goes on and everyday I'm discovering more free apps that make the Chrome experience more than just web browsing.

Give it a shot and switch to Chrome you will not regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment